Job Title: Laundry/Dry Cleaning Manager
Location: Great Western Road, Aberdeen
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Manage a small team. Maintain a high standard of cleanliness of linen, towels and clients’ and personal clothing. Quality standards should be met and attention to collection deadline is required. Random check on laundry to ensure the correct pricing is addressed. Ensure an adequate supply of stock items at all times. Report and address problems accordingly. Honest.
- Ensure the team carries out their daily duties, whilst maintain effective employee relationship.
- Set goals /deadlines/target for the team. Handling customer complaints and problem solving, whilst keeping it to a minimum.
- Ensure their roles are carried out in accordance with company’s policies and procedures to the highest specified standard.
- Review price structure for laundry and dry cleaning (outside where applicable), to ensure maximum profitability.
- Keep aware of tests, new methods, chemical textiles and equipment in the laundry and dry cleaning industry, through trade magazines. Ensuring the retail outlet is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Schedule working times and optimize laundry / drycleaning and finishing process to ensure maximum utilization of water / energy.
- Carry out monthly inventory on stock, chemicals etc. Being responsible for the cost effecrive control – must have knowledge of the exact cost of the supplies and use of manpower efficiently.
- Conduct such functions as interviewing, hiring performance appraisal, counselling and dismissal if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Provide new contracts should opportunity arise.
- Inspect laundry for quality and pricing, drycleaning and press working area on a daily basis to ensure optimum quality of work, prompt pick up delivery of garments and cleanliness.
- To provide effective management of all Laundry and Dry Cleaning activies.
- Ensure staff have a full understanding of the company’s goal and procedure, together with Health and Safety awareness.
- Assume the roles of H & S representative, First Aider and Fire Marshall
- Maintain good stock control and reorder efficient to ensure the smooth running of all operations.
- Maintain and update the customer database to the customer requirement.
- Carry out the end of session and reconcile any discrepancies at the end of each day.
- Monitor and carryout internal auditing of practices and procedures. To ensure they remain compliant with the customer requirements and with company procedure.
- Ensure filing/paperwork is maintained and always up to date.
- Maintain good staff discipline in accordance with company procedure, if necessary participate in the investigating of events and the conducting of any resulting disciplinary procedure.
- Provide support with any activities as and when required.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a busy environment, example of customer service skills. A confident and concise communicator with an enthusiastic and an approachable manner. Must feel comfortable to work to work on own initiative. The main focus will be providing excellent customer service at all times. Previous experience is essential. Applicants must have good observation skills and a high attention to detail. Smart appearance is essential, uniform will be provided. Honest person with good integrity at all times.
- Previous experience of working dry cleaners / laundry environment.
- Previous retail / customer service background.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Quality focused in order to maintain on-going customer loyalty.
- Able to quickly resolve rare quality issues ensuring the customer treated fairly.
- Maintain and develop internal quality system to ensure customer garments are processed correctly.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter by 31st July 2013 to:
Prestige The Laundry Limited,
Unit 3, 569 – 571 Great Western Road,
Aberdeen, AB10 6PA